Made pasta with bacon, tomato and pecorino for dinner this evening
- 6 ripe medium tomatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. grated pecorino romano cheese
1. Chop tomatoes roughly.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until it is crispy, about 5mins. Add the jalapeños, onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 10mins. or until nicely caramelized.
3. Add the tomatoes and thyme to the pan, then season to taste with salt and pepper and add the tarragon. Turn the heat down very low to keep the sauce warm while you make the pasta.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the orecchiette and cook until just al dente, 6 to 8mins. Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and add the sauce. Stir to combine then drizzle with olive oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 2mins. Mix in the pecorino and serve.