Made a Strawberry, Raspberry & Toasted Coconut Crumble
Ingredients for the pastry dough:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup frozen unsalted butter
3/4 cold water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Working with 1 stick of butter at a time, coarsely grate into flour mixture. Toss to coat, then repeat until all the butter has been incorporated.
2. Combine water and lemon juice. Drizzle into the flour mixture a little at a time, stirring or kneading gently until all the flour has been incorporated and you can bring dough into a ball ( you may need to add slightly more or less liquid depending on how much the butter has worked through the dough). Wrap in plastic, and flatten into rectangular disc. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
3 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
3 1/2 cups raspberries
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
2/3 cup of starch
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded toasted sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Line a 13x9-inch rimmed baking dish with parchment paper. Roll Pastry out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle. Fit pastry into prepared baking dish. You want to have a 3/4 inches on all sides. Moisten pastry edge with a little water and fold over to create a pastry lip that stands slightly above the edge of the pan. Squeeze pastry edge all around to seal. Chill while making filling and topping.
3. Combine strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice, sugar and salt in a bowl, and stir gently to mix. Let stand 10minutes or until sugar has dissolved and fruit looks juicy.
4. Combine flour, butter brown sugar and salt in a bowl of a food processor and process until all flour has been absorbed and mixture looks like cookie dough. Add coconut and process until incorporated.
5. Add starch to to fruit mixture and stir gently until it coats the fruit and is completely moistened. Spread fruit and any juices into prepared pastry crust in an even layer. Break crumble topping into large and small chunks and sprinkle all over fruit layer.
6. Bake in the lower third of oven for 50minutes or until fruit juices are bubbling and thickened, and until pastry and crumble are golden and cooked through.