Made #Pasta with #BladeRoast and #TreStella #Mozzerella
1 tbsp butter
3 1/2lb beef blade roast
1 large onion coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
1tsp fried thyme
pinch of ground cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
Salt and pepper
4 cups whole wheat fusilli pasta
1 cap carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, grated
1 cup frozen green peas
1 ball Tre Stella Mozzarella grated
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. In a large deep, oven safe skillet, melt butter over high heat and sear blade roost for 3-4 mins on each side. Add onion and Garlic and cook for 2 mins.
3. Cover with 5 cups of water, add herbs and spices and season with salt and pepper.
4.Bring to a boil, cover and continue cooking in the oven for 2 hours.
5. Remove beef from broth. Let cool until until lukewarm, then debone and shred meat. Discard access fat.
6. Put skillet back on burner and bring broth to a boil.
7. Cook fusilli in broth according to package instructions, adding vegetables 3mins. before end of cooking time.
8. Stir in shredded beef and cover with mozzarella.
9. Brown in the oven then serve.