Made Stuffed Peppers with Cous Cous, Mushrooms and Feta for dinner this evening :)
For 2 people
40g cous cous
250ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
Handful baby button mushrooms
3-4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
100g feta cheese, cut into 1 cm cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1. Quarter the mushrooms and marinate with the olive oil and a little salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F
4. Halve the peppers vertically through the stalk. Scoop out the seeds and membrane. Drizzle over a little olive oil and put on a lightly oiled baking tray. Cook for 20-25 mins until tender.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve a vegetable stock cube in 250ml boiling water. Pour the cous cous into a bowl, then add the hot stock. Set aside for a few mins, then fluff up the cous cous with a fork. Drain the mushrooms, then stir into the cous cous, followed by the feta, coriander, chilli (to taste) and sat and pepper.
4. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool a little before using a spoon to carefully stuff the pepper cavities with the cous cous mixture.
5. Return to the baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese melts and bubbles.